CBD oil is a cannabinoid that is naturally sourced from hemp plants. It can be used as a nutritional supplement and also as an oil to apply topically to the skin, making it an effective ingredient which is often added to skincare products.
Cannabinoids act throughout the human body, and on areas of the brain, but CBD oil does not contain THC, also known as tetrahydrocannabinol which is well known for its ability to make the user high. CBD oil is non-intoxicating and when it is extracted from the plant, it is diluted by using a carrier oil which in turn improves its bioavailability.
As a product that has been used for thousands of years, its popularity has exploded due to its ability to benefit many people from young to old and from all different walks of life ranging from sedentary individuals to professional athletes. Some of the conditions that many people have found CBD oil useful for range from painful conditions such as arthritis to anxiety and insomnia.
What/who is naturecan?
Naturecan are a company that take pride in the fact that they stay as close to nature as possible in both
their manufacturing and development of products. They sell online to twenty countries around the world and have created a range of products designed especially to meet the needs of their customers, promising both safety and efficiency that is verified by independent lab testing.
They have their own in-house research team who visited hemp growers from Europe as far as the U.S.A in order to find the best farmers and also laboratories to create the safest and most effective CBD products as possible. It was through doing this research, the decision was made to source their hemp-derived CBD from America where the entire production process could be monitored and all hemp could be traced back to its original source with ease, further ensuring the quality and safety of their products. Each product on the website has its own Certificate of Analysis of both the oil it was created from and also the finalized product meaning that both the concentration of CBD and also the label accuracy can be verified guaranteeing products of the highest quality and standards.
The World Health Organization has identified pure CBD as safe and without abuse potential, but some poorer quality products have also been found to have added THC which is why it is critical to buy products from a trusted retailer such as Naturcan.
CBD and its benefits
CBD oil has received a lot of attention in the media over the past few years for good reason. It is an exciting product that has received rave reviews by all age groups for a variety of different ailments ranging from anxiety and insomnia to arthritis and epilepsy.
Just recently in September of this year, a drug containing CBD was approved to treat a third form of epilepsy, specifically associated with TSC in children. This drug was previously approved for two other forms of epilepsy and is called Epidiolex. There have been reports of it benefiting many other health issues with research ongoing to establish its effectiveness in these cases. Preclinical effects on both pain and inflammation have been very positive, and more clinical research is needed to fully explore its potential benefits in painful conditions such as arthritis.
A study using rats illustrated that Transdermal cannabidiol reduced both inflammation and pain associated behaviours in the rats without any evident side effects as a result of its use. CBD oil was also shown as a useful treatment for anxiety and insomnia in a study of 72 adults in 2019. Anxiety scores decreased in the first month in 57 patients and remained decreased for the duration of the study. Sleep scores also improved in 48 patients. The CBD oil was well tolerated in all the patients except for three. The conclusion of this research was that cannabidiol may hold some promising benefits for anxiety related disorders.
Is CBD good for my skin?
- Anti-inflammatory: CBD is great for the skin when applied topically as it has anti-inflammatory properties and it also acts as a great moisturizer due to the vitamins and omega fatty acids contained in the hemp oil.
- Anti-oxidant: CBD oil is the best researched psychotropic phytocannabinoid, and has been shown in research to benefit the skin greatly due to its antioxidant and as mentioned previously anti-inflammatory effects. An observational study carried out in 2018 showed that its use in three patients with a skin condition called epidermolysis bullosa experienced faster wound healing, less pain and also less blistering in all three patients. A literature review carried out in 2019 illustrated that topical application CBD oil is a safe, effective and non-invasive way to improve the quality of life of patients with some skin disorders, particularly those of an inflammatory nature.
- Pain Relief: Another study involving 25 patients in 2019 supports this as the local treatment with CBD resulted in a significant reduction of pain in the patients observed who all suffered from Systemic Sclerosis. The conclusion of this research was that CBD as a local therapy was a safe and an effective way of maintaining analgesia in patients and it also could aid with wound healing with consequent improvement of the patients quality of life.
CBD beauty box
Whether you are planning your Christmas shopping or simply want to treat yourself to some luxury natural skincare, the CBD Tranquility box is perfect for anyone looking to indulge in some well-deserved self-care. The box offers a complete collection of all the CBD products you need for the ultimate pampering session and is on special offer at the moment for the bargain price of £74.99.
The collection The CBD beauty box includes a decadent lip balm made with CBD oil, coconut oil and shea butter, a daily moisturiser formulated with hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, avocado oil and shea butter, a rich hand cream with added vitamin E and avocado oil, cocoa butter and hemp seed oil, a clever multi balm that is great for all over the body such as dry patches and anywhere that needs some loving TLC, a deep cleansing clay mask that is especially formulated for blemish prone skin and will help remove any impurities leaving the skin glowing and a 3% CBD oil tincture that is combined with a pure MCT carrier oil.
These products are all created using natural ingredients such as plant extracts, active ingredients and broad spectrum CBD oil. All of the collection is completely vegan.
If you would like to win one of these amazing tranquility sets, we have one up for grabs for a lucky reader. Simply enter our competition for a chance to win!
Head to https://uk.naturecan.com/ to find out more.
- 3 main contributors to the entourage effect for cannabis consumers to consider
- Medical cannabis doesn’t impair cognitive function – study
- Ukraine’s medical cannabis legalisation delayed by opponents
- Cannabis more ‘advantageous’ than conventional sleep aids
- Four20 Medical Cannabis Products Launched in the UK via Rokshaw
- The potential of Medical Cannabis in diabetes management
- Cannabis explained6 months ago
What is HHC? Its effects, safety and legal status in Europe
- News4 months ago
NHS approves major clinical trial on cannabis medicines and chronic pain
- News6 months ago
UK patient secures first NHS reimbursement for cannabis flowers
- Advocacy5 months ago
Inside a UK cannabis club: changing lives, tackling stigma, building community
- News4 months ago
UK research finds GP support for cannabis as an alternative to opioids for chronic pain
- Industry4 months ago
‘Landmark’ ruling gives hope for UK CBD flower businesses
- Industry6 months ago
New report calls for overhaul of ‘discriminatory’ UK cannabis driving laws
- News4 months ago
Malta: Advocates emphasise positive effects of cannabis reform amid ‘normalisation’ concerns