Patients, parents and professionals are invited to take a seat at the table – alongside global experts – to explore medical cannabis in the UK.
A new virtual roundtable series, taking place throughout February, is an opportunity for medical cannabis prescribers, patients, family members and professionals to learn from global experts in the field.
The free events feature dedicated sessions for clinicians and health care professionals, as well as patients and their families and will explore topics such as access, clinical trials and real-world evidence and patient’s experiences.
Led by the Neurology Centre of Toronto, The Medical Cannabis Clinicians Society and Medcann Support, speakers lined up include paediatric neurologist Dr Evan Lewis, US medical cannabis specialist Dr Bonnie Goldstein and UK expert Professor Mike Barnes.
Co-founder of Medcann Support, Matt Hughes, whose son Charlie is prescribed medical cannabis, will also offer a patient’s perspective of the hurdles to medical cannabis access.
See the full line up here:
Read world evidence for medical cannabis – too strong to ignore?
Exploring RCTs, evidence and the practical implications for prescribing medical cannabis.
This event is for all health care professionals, clinicians and those interested in prescribing medical cannabis. It will explore randomised controlled trials, evidence and the practical implications for prescribing. The roundtable discussion, moderated by Prof. Mike Barnes, Chair of the Medical Cannabis Clinicians Society, will include conversations with leading clinicians and a 30 minute Q&A session with attendees.
- Richard Huntsman, Associate Professor Paediatric Neurology – Evidence, Research & Medical Cannabis,
- Dr Evan Lewis, Paediatric Neurologist and Clinical Neurophysiologist with expertise in epilepsy – Paediatric Neurology and Medical Cannabis,
- Dr Becca Moore, Consultant Psychiatrist – Prescribing medical cannabis in the UK
Access and ethics: medical cannabis perspectives
This event is for all: clinicians and healthcare professionals, medical cannabis patients & families and those interested in learning about prescribing cannabis or its properties as a medical treatment.
The focus of this roundtable will be on the different perspectives regarding access to and the ethics of medical cannabis. The roundtable discussion, moderated by Dr Dani Gordon, Vice Chair of the Medical Cannabis Clinicians Society, will include conversations with clinicians and patients and a 30 minute Q&A session with attendees.
- Dr Elizabeth Iveson – Hurdles to Access: Prescriber Perspective
- Matt Hughes, MedCan Support & Dom Burns, Patient Committee, The Medical Cannabis Clinicians Society – Hurdles to Access: Patient Perspective,
- Dr Bonnie Goldstein PHD – How to bridge the Access Gap – an international perspective,
- Dr Evan Lewis, Paediatric Neurologist and Clinical Neurophysiologist – Medical Cannabis: Ethical Issues
A-Z of Medical Cannabis in the UK
This event is for all medical cannabis patients, families and those interested in learning about cannabis as a medical treatment to explore the medical cannabis plant, the law and the patient experience.
The roundtable discussion, moderated by Hannah Deacon, executive director of the Medical Cannabis Clinicians Society, will include conversations with leading clinicians and a 45 minute Q&A session with attendees.
- Professor Mike Barnes, Neurologist & medical cannabis expert – Medical cannabis explained,
- Kelly Narine, Global BioMedical Research & Medical Affairs – From Plant to Product: Extraction, Quality Control and Reproducibility,
- Attendee Q&A
To register visit www.ukmccs.org/news/events/
- Malta gives green light to three new cannabis clubs
- European Commission must address ‘inequality’ in access to medicinal cannabis across EU
- 1 in 8 older US adults now use cannabis products, finds study
- 3 main contributors to the entourage effect for cannabis consumers to consider
- Medical cannabis doesn’t impair cognitive function – study
- Ukraine’s medical cannabis legalisation delayed by opponents
- News4 months ago
NHS approves major clinical trial on cannabis medicines and chronic pain
- News6 months ago
UK patient secures first NHS reimbursement for cannabis flowers
- Advocacy6 months ago
Inside a UK cannabis club: changing lives, tackling stigma, building community
- News4 months ago
UK research finds GP support for cannabis as an alternative to opioids for chronic pain
- Industry4 months ago
‘Landmark’ ruling gives hope for UK CBD flower businesses
- Industry6 months ago
New report calls for overhaul of ‘discriminatory’ UK cannabis driving laws
- News4 months ago
Malta: Advocates emphasise positive effects of cannabis reform amid ‘normalisation’ concerns
- Science4 months ago
Five new cannabis studies – ALS, epilepsy, Parkinson’s, chronic pain and blood pressure