Topical CBD products are part of a growing trend in skincare, write Lorraine and Sam, co-founders of Hapi Hemp.
CBD has taken the world of skincare and cosmetics by storm.
Products like CBD massage oils and CBD roll-on are becoming the new go-to for people who are looking for natural ingredients that work well in healing various health conditions.
What many people don’t know is that CBD oil can work well on your skin the same way it is useful when taken inside the body with CBD oral drops. Our skin is the largest organ in our body, responsible for protecting us from the outside world – with all its germs, toxins and other unmentionables. In this current climate, it’s no surprise that sales are soaring.
As with pain we often take our skin for granted until there is a problem. Then we normally work through endless products that promise a cure yet a filled with harsh chemicals, fragrances and preservatives.
Right now, we are in a skincare revolution, where many of us are turning away from synthetic products that strip our skin of its natural oils and turning towards products that are natural, simple and gentle.
Topical CBD oils for healthy skin
CBD topicals include balms, salves, lotions, and oils that are infused with active cannabinoids and are applied to and absorbed directly through your skin. But how do they work?
Instead of ingesting the CBD orally, which can take up to two hours for your body to experience the full effects, topicals are applied directly to the skin, which allows the CBD to take effect more quickly. CBD is never absorbed into the bloodstream when using topicals.
Its antioxidant properties have made it a popular ingredient to aid with skin and body health issues and because of the close relationship between CBD and endocannabinoid system (ECS). Once you understand how our ECS works (And yes, we all have one) it all starts to make sense how CBD interacts with our body. You can read more on our Endocannabinoid system here.
For those who may be somewhat reluctant to take CBD products orally, topical application can be a great way to explore the wonders of CBD-infused products and see how CBD can benefit them.
Hapi hemps CBD roller is a great starter – full of essential oils as well as CBD, its roll-on format makes it an easy-to-use topical CBD item, you simply roll on and go.
What Can CBD skincare products do for your skin and body?
The list of benefits provided by CBD oil is long and rigorous, and some of them may surprise you. CBD oil is one of the more accessible and easy-to-understand forms of this amazing plant and from basic moisturising to giving relief from the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis, it’s not hard to see why people are turning to CBD skincare.
Here are just a few benefits CBD oil may provide for your skin:
- Provides effective and long-lasting moisture: Cold weather, dry indoor air, or the overuse of harsh soaps can cause your skin to lose moisture, leading to irritation and flakiness. The long-lasting moisturising effect that CBD oil can provide could be the remedy you’ve been looking for.
- Plumps the skin: CBD oil can also rejuvenate your ailing skin. It can smooth fine lines and wrinkles and plump tired skin, leaving you looking youthful and smooth.
- Soothes the skin: Skin that is sore or irritated from rashes or skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, or eczema can be incredibly uncomfortable, painful, and frustrating. CBD oil can provide a calming remedy to soothe and relax your skin.
- Balances oily skin: Sebum is an oily secretion of the sebaceous glands. The right amount helps to protect your skin, but too much can lead to acne and a greasy-looking face. CBD increases the body’s levels of cannabinoids such as anandamide (AEA), which has been shown to reduce levels of sebum. Because of this, CBD oil could be a great solution if you find yourself suffering from these symptoms.
- Aids with discomfort: If you have used CBD before then you are aware of the many areas of discomfort that CBD can help with. Topical CBD products have come a long way now and there is a super variety available now – from handy CBD rollers and CBD massage oils to CBD hand creams which not only helps with uncomfortable hands but also treats your hands and nails.
- Works for all skin types: Due to CBD’s antioxidant properties, it is a universally effective method of skincare. Antioxidants are important because of their ability to minimise the damage from “free radicals.”
CBD may act as a great vitamin D supplement since most of us don’t get enough from food or the sun and applying it topically can be an effective method of absorption. There are many benefits of vitamin D, including improving the immune system and strengthening bones.
- 3 main contributors to the entourage effect for cannabis consumers to consider
- Medical cannabis doesn’t impair cognitive function – study
- Ukraine’s medical cannabis legalisation delayed by opponents
- Cannabis more ‘advantageous’ than conventional sleep aids
- Four20 Medical Cannabis Products Launched in the UK via Rokshaw
- The potential of Medical Cannabis in diabetes management
- News4 months ago
NHS approves major clinical trial on cannabis medicines and chronic pain
- News6 months ago
UK patient secures first NHS reimbursement for cannabis flowers
- Advocacy6 months ago
Inside a UK cannabis club: changing lives, tackling stigma, building community
- News4 months ago
UK research finds GP support for cannabis as an alternative to opioids for chronic pain
- Industry4 months ago
‘Landmark’ ruling gives hope for UK CBD flower businesses
- Industry6 months ago
New report calls for overhaul of ‘discriminatory’ UK cannabis driving laws
- News4 months ago
Malta: Advocates emphasise positive effects of cannabis reform amid ‘normalisation’ concerns
- Science6 months ago
Medicinal cannabis ‘life-changing’ for Tourette syndrome – study